Welcome to New tutorial on Building QR Code Reader & Generator App.
Step – 1: Building a QR Code Generator Android application:
- We will start by creating a blank android studio project and star integrating required codes step by step.
- The app will have a simple interface to take input and button which will help us take the input data and send it to the QR code generator.
- The QRGenerator Library is used to generate the QR code, the code will take any valid string or int data and convert that to a QR code.
- Now we will take the QR code data and convert that to string and set to imageview, where the generated QR code is displayed to the user.
For detail step-by-step guide please check following video from SmallAcademy.
Watch Building QR Code Reader & Generator App Using Android Studio on My Youtube Channel.
Step – 2: Building a QR code reader android app
- Now in the second part of this tutorial, we will go ahead and create QR code scanner app.
- The QR Code scanner library is used with a built-in camera API of android. To use the camera in our app we need to ask for the camera permission from the user, check out this tutorial on how to ask camera permission at runtime.
- Once the QR code is read by the camera, it will decode the QR code image and display the result in specified TextView in the screen.
Watch How to Make QR Code Scanner App Using Android Studio on My Youtube Channel.
QR CODE GENERATOR APP & QR CODE READER APP SOURCE CODE ON GITHUB: