Welcome to Music Player Style TabLayout in android but if you are curious, How to Create A Music Player Android Application?
Don’t worry I have created a series of YouTube videos where I have created an Android Music Player Application With a Tabbed Layout. This is multiple videos / multiple blog post-Android Studio Project so sit tight and code.
|Music Player Style Tab Layout|
This blog post is for the step by step explanation of what I did in the videos, I will try to explain every bit of code that I have written to create the Music Player Application so far in android studio.
As I said, this post is for the people who are coming from my YouTube video but if you end up here from any other place, please check out my Music Player App Development playlist below.
so that you can catch up with the things I am going to explain further in the blog post.
Start by creating an empty android application,
Please follow the given steps to create Music Player Style TabLayout:
Step 1: Set Up Tab Layout and Tab Item With Android Design Library
- We are creating a Tab Layout With, Three Tabs in it and We are using a custom tab icon to indicate the tab item inside the tab.
- An icon that is used for the tab item is the vector assets generated by the android studio as shown in the video.
- A Custom Toolbar is Also used with the layout, Since It Will give more control over our toolbar in the app, We can customize it according to our requirement.
- A View Pager is required to hold the fragments that are assigned for each of the tab items when the tab item is clicked the view page displays the appropriate layout assigned for the tab item. A PagerController Class is used in the video to handle this operation
Step 2: Create Blank Fragments For Tab Items
- The Next Step is to create Blank Fragments For the Tab Items, Go Ahead and Create Blank Fragments as shown in the video.
Step 3: Please watch the video, I am too lazy to write all the steps.