If you are new to Cpanel and just learning your way around it then you should probably bookmark this blog. In the coming days, we will post loads of tutorials on how to navigate around Cpanel and get things done. But in this article, we will learn to create or add a subdomain in cPanel. It’s pretty easy to add a new subdomain to your add-on domain in cPanel if you know where to go and add a new subdomain in CPanel.
But Since you are reading this article that means you don’t know or probably scared of broking something on the cPanel if you do it yourself. Anyway, let’s get started and learn how to create a subdomain in cPanel.
What is a subdomain?
Subdomain as it says is a part of a larger main domain. Subdomains are mostly used for navigating around the website. Subdomains are part of the main domain and generally comes before the main domain name. for example tools.smallcademy.co is a subdomain of the main domain smallcademy.co, where “tools” is the name of the subdomain.
Subdimain or Subdirectory ?
This is the ongoing debate on the web and still, doesn’t have a clear answer to it. The subdomain and subdirectory have their own pros and cons when comes to Search Engine optimization. Really, the choice is yours, based on the type of service you are going to create you can either use subdomain or subdirectory. Even though the subdomain is part of the main domain, Search engines such as Google consider them as separate entities. Subdirectory on other hand is considered as part of the main website itself even it has completely different contents.
How to Create a Subdomain in cPanel
To create a subdomain in cPanel, First, you have to log in to your cPanel and navigate to the domain section of your Cpanel dashboard. Let’s add a subdomain in Cpanel with the step by step guide as given below.
- Login to Your Cpanel Account
- Scroll to Domains Sections in Cpanel
- Here, You need to click on the subdomains menu, once you click on that, the subdomain page will be opened. But Before that make sure you have added the domain to your cpanel.
- Now, You will see the create subdomain section as shown below, enter the subdomain you want to create, and choose the document root. The system will automatically choose the document root for you.
- Click on create button and it will create the subdomain for you. You can see the list of subdomains you already have in the cPanel there as well.
So, that’s how we can create a subdomain in CPanel. You can install WordPress to the subdomain, install any other script and play with it. Lets us know if you want us to write tutorials on how to install WordPress on the subdomain as well. Lets us know in the comment below. Until Next time.