Installing WordPress in a subdomain in your Cpanel is fairly easy, and you can do it in under 5 minutes. At this point, I assume that you already have an access to the Cpanel. if you haven’t created a subdomain in your Cpanel, then please go-ahead to create one. If you need help on how to create a subdomain in Cpanel then please read the article linked or watch the youtube video given in the post.
How to Install WordPress in Subdomain?
You can follow two methods to install WordPress in any domain or subdomain, they are :
- Install WordPress using Software
- Install WordPress manually
In this article, we will talk about the first method where we will use automatic software to install WordPress in the subdomain inside the Cpanel. But in the coming article, we will also write about the manual installation of WordPress in Cpanel.
Step by Step guide on How to install WordPress into subdomain in Cpanel
Please follow the given steps carefully to install WordPress in Cpanel. First, sign in to your Cpanel dashboard and make sure you have the addon domain added to your Cpanel account. if not simply go to the addon domain section and add a new domain, where you want to install the WordPress content management system..
- Scroll down to the Softaculous Installer section of your Cpanel dashboard, and select WordPress.
- Now the new WordPress installation window will get loaded, Click on install now
- Here, you have to select the subdomain, where you are going to install WordPress
- Make sure that the directory field is empty, as we have already given the directory for the subdomain
- Now, set the title, description of the website, you can change it after the WordPress installation as well.
- Once you are ready, click on the install button.
The WordPress installation will only take few seconds, once the installation is finished, it will give you the necessary information to navigate to your new WordPress website and login page. Lets us know if you encounter any problems during this installation.
How to Install WordPress in Subdomain Using cPanel
How to remove WordPress website from Cpanel?
Follow the given steps to remove any WordPress installation from the Cpanel, you need to login to the Cpanel dashboard and go to the Softaculous App Installer section.
- Click on WordPress and it will give you the list of WordPress installations.
- Select the one which you’d like to uninstall from the Cpanel.
- Click on the big red X button and it will open up the removal wizard.
- Confirm the given information belong to the website you want to remove and click on remove installation.
Now you have successfully removed the WordPress installation from the website. Lets us know if you have any queries for us, we would love to help you anytime.